Driving under the influence of intoxicants (DUII) is one of the most commonly committed offenses . Millions of people are arrested every year for suspicion of DUII. In case you are facing any kind of DUII charge, then it is essential to know how to defend yourself with the following points:
1. BREATHALYZER TEST: If you are arrested for suspicion of DUII, then you have to take the breathalyzer test. Everyone believes that the BAC tests are always accurate. However, it is completely incorrect. These tests are highly inaccurate and can be influenced by a wide variety of factors. If your lawyers can raise enough doubt about the accuracy, then it will be dismissed as evidence.
2. YOU CAN AVOID JAIL TIME: Instead of sending you to jail for three days, the court generally offers you a three days driver intervention program. This program includes attending classes related to the dangers of drunk driving. It generally starts on a Thursday night and ends on Sunday.
3. KEEP TRACK OF LEGAL DEADLINES: From the date of your arrest, there is a certain time limit, generally 10 days, within which you have to challenge the suspension of your license. Failure to do so would result in a lot of trouble and probably a long term suspension of your license.
4. MAKING A DEAL: Anyone arrested for DUII, the prosecutor generally approaches you to make some sort of deal.. Plea deals allows both the parties to come to a conclusion that makes everyone happy. Plea deals can be of many kinds but generally it means agreeing upon a deal which involves less amount of fine and no suspension of driver license.
5. FORMALIZE THE DEAL: Once the deal is done, the prosecutor must explain the arrangement to the judge. The judge generally accepts the deal. However, if the judge dictates different terms , then get ready for trial.
If you are interested in quality DUII defense at an affordable price, then have a look at my friend Matt’s lawyer website. He can answer you any questions you may have, including the legal consultation and court fees he is charging.